Optimus Dolus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Optimus Dolus is a guild in FallenSword made 12th april.We are a friendly guild, but when someone DEAR try to attack us, they'd wish they never joined fallensword, neither lived.This forum will tell you whatever you need to know about this guild.Happy Fig

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recruit briefing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
znoxide

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Recruit briefing Empty
PostSubject: Recruit briefing   Recruit briefing I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:31 am

It seems that we have a had a couple relatively new players get pissed about some of the guilds policies concerning gold solicitation and weapon sharing. I can think of at least three within the past two weeks including one today that looked like it could get pretty nasty. With that said, is there a way to give new guild members some guidance with weapon recall, guild courtesy, and specific advantages to the guild (stats, weapon selection, free buffs etc.). This may be a way to head off any hard feelings and more importantly most retaliation before it occurs. The proper vehicle for that would be the website, but it's plain to see that many members are not using or at least actively participating the website.

My thoughts were simply a standard paragraph or so that fully explained all these items, and a copy and paste into a PM. This way there wouldn't be any real excuse for not knowing the rules of the road for guild membership. In fact that could be one of the requirements for the "Gain 2500 in 1 Week" to be allowed to remain with the guild.
Back to top Go down
anupjp
anupjp

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Recruit briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruit briefing   Recruit briefing I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:01 pm

True wt you said. there have been a few incidents regarding this. I think wt you have proposed is a good idea..
Back to top Go down
Methus666

Number of posts : 28

Recruit briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruit briefing   Recruit briefing I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:07 am

me too Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
tiedyed

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Recruit briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruit briefing   Recruit briefing I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:11 pm

I also agree. Beggars are a nuisance we can do without.
Back to top Go down
znoxide

Recruit briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruit briefing   Recruit briefing I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:48 pm

So it appears that most people are in agreement. The next question is who will be the one that develops the form. Basically it will be to take most of the information here and put it into one document that the new member would have. As far as generating a document, that could be done pretty easily, but the final version should probably be done by either Methus and anupjp as founders. From that point anyone that is in charge of recruitment or allowed to make recruitment decisions could distribute that standard form.
Back to top Go down
Methus666

Number of posts : 28

Recruit briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruit briefing   Recruit briefing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 6:38 pm

hm..seeing how u involved so far we whant u to begin it...i saw that u are interested in the guild whell being and all and u made some good proposal involving recruitment and item management...so who knows..consider this as a trial for a guild council seat;)
Back to top Go down
znoxide

Recruit briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruit briefing   Recruit briefing I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:29 pm

Welcome to Optimus Dolus, we are glad to have you in the guild. Here are few things that will help you enjoy the guild.

First some of the benefits you can expect from us. The guild will develop and maintain structures that provide benefits to every guild member. The guild will maintain armor that is appropriate for a wide variety of guild members. The guild members, generally, will provide assistance such as buffs and guidance. The guild will provide a website to provide more in-depth discussion and suggestions.

Second some information that will help you receive the most benefit from the guild:
1) The guild store is for all members so feel free to select items that are in the store.
2) Guild members can RECALL items from other members. IT IS VITAL TO USE RECALL FROM OFFLINE MEMBERS ONLY. To recall an item, select REPORT above the guild store and browse through all the members equipment. Blue indicates currently equipped items and black indicated unequipped items. Once you find an item return to guild management to verify the player is offline. Then return to the report and select the item. This returns it to the guild store. Now select it like normal.
3) Many guild members will provide buffs free of charge so before purchasing them from someone else ask a guild member.

Finally, we do ask some things from the guild members to provide benefit to the full guild.
1) Please do not use the message board to request gold or Fallen Sword Points. Guild members will assist with advice and buffs, but gold and FSP must be earned by you.
2) Please be active because each battle provides a percentage of XP and gold to the guild. This helps us sustain structures and increases our guild rating.
3) Please be courteous to other members. Other members want your experience to be positive, and we hope you want the same for them.
4) Please register on the website.

Again welcome and happy hunting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recruit briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruit briefing   Recruit briefing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recruit briefing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Optimus Dolus :: Suggestions-
Jump to: